Dear Friends & Community Supporters,
Please help us spread the word by distributing widely. Job application with more information is below. Thank you!
Seeking Program Director
Project MotiVATe (PM), based in Orange County and with office at Golden West College Campus, seeks a part-time program director to manage and lead a mentorship program for Vietnamese American youth. Originally founded by university students in 1996, Project MotiVATe became an independent nonprofit organization in 2010. Project MotiVATe’s mission is to mentor Vietnamese American teens for personal success by developing their academic, social and cultural skills.
The Program Director (PD) provides vision and leadership for Project MotiVATe to ensure that activities are congruent with its mission and objectives. The position offers an excellent opportunity to develop a grassroots, community-based organization, gain hands-on experience working with youth, and network with the Vietnamese community.
- Previous experience working for youth programs and planning events
- Previous experience supervising staff and managing budgets
- Familiar with Vietnamese American community needs and concerns
- Able to commit for 2 years in order to ensure program continuity
- Conversational in Vietnamese language (strongly preferred but not required)
- Minimum of a BA degree or in final year of college
- Patience, flexibility, and creativity
- Able to work independently
- Administrative: implement administrative procedures, including management of budget and
- Program Activities: supervise day-to-day programming, including weekly study hall, monthly events, and annual summer
- Study Hall: supervise and coordinate Study Hall Program, each Wednesday at our Golden West College Facilities.
- Mentee & Parent Development: recruit and orient new mentees and their parents and create program evaluation tools to track mentee
- Volunteer Development: recruit and train mentors and volunteers and manage Coordinating
- Fundraising: seek out and apply for grant/funding opportunities and oversee coordination of community fundraisers (including Annual Gala).
- Board of Directors Liaison: attend monthly Board meetings and develop program policies in conjunction with
- Public Relations: represent PM at community events and in the media, develop partnerships with local organizations, and manage social media tools including website, Facebook, and e-newsletter.
The PD will work 15-20 hours* per week to carry out the above duties, with the support of a volunteer Coordinating team. Compensation commensurate with experience with opportunities to fundraise for extra compensation.
*Hours may vary per week based planning and programming.
The term will begin July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2020. Please email your cover letter, resume, and application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31st, 2018