Dear Friends & Community Supporters,
Please help us spread the word by distributing widely. Job application with more information is below. Thank you!
Seeking Program Director
Project MotiVATe (PM), based in Garden Grove, CA, seeks a part-time program director to manage and lead a mentorship program for Vietnamese American youth. Originally founded by university students in 1996, Project MotiVATe became an independent nonprofit organization in 2010. Project MotiVATe’s mission is to mentor Vietnamese American teens for personal success by developing their academic, social and cultural skills.
The Program Director (PD) provides vision and leadership for Project MotiVATe to ensure that activities are congruent with its mission and objectives. The position offers an excellent opportunity to develop a grassroots, community-based organization, gain hands-on experience working with youth, and network with the Vietnamese community.
• Previous experience working for youth programs and planning events
• Previous experience supervising staff and managing budgets
• Familiar with Vietnamese American community needs and concerns
• Able to commit for 2 years in order to ensure program continuity
• Minimum of a BA/BS degree or in final year of college
• Conversational in Vietnamese language (strongly preferred but not required)
• Patience, flexibility, and creativity
• Able to work independently
· Administrative: implement administrative and financial procedures, including management of budget and operations.
· Fund Development: lead fundraising activities to meet a $50,000 annual goal (i.e. seek out and apply for grant/funding opportunities, coordinating fundraising events, etc.)
· Public Relations: represent PM at community events and in the media, develop partnerships with local organizations, and manage online presence including website, Facebook, and e-newsletter.
· Staff Development: coordinate the recruitment and interviews of all staff type (coordinators, mentors, and volunteers), identify and facilitate trainings and manage coordinating team.
· Mentee & Parent Development: oversee and participate in the recruitment and interview of new mentees and their parents and implement program evaluation tools to track mentee progress.
· Board of Directors Non-Voting Member: attend monthly Board meetings, prepare quarterly financial reports and develop program policies in conjunction with Board.
· Other Responsibilities (Including but not required): attend weekly study hall and monthly events, develop and maintain an annual program calendar, coordinate the planning of annual summer camp
The PD will work on average 15-20 hours per week* to carry out the above duties, with the support of a volunteer coordinating team. Compensation begins at $420 monthly as long as the budget allows. Anticipated start date is July 2014. *Hours may vary per week based planning and programming
Email cover letter, resume, and application form (Please see attached) to email@example.com by Friday, April 25, 2014.
*****Project MotiVATe Info Session*****
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
If you would like to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for actual location
Interested Program Director applicants are welcomed to attend and get more details about the organization and the position